Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I've had some questions about the title of my blog. The answer is simple:

Car·i·o·ca, n.
A native or inhabitant of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I am not, of course, a native of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, but I like to think that I am a sort of semi-carioca because I just love the place so much. Also, I can speak a sort of mangled Portu-Spanish version of the language, and that always helps. Plus, check out the view from my the apartment I lived in:



Speaking of Rio, the brilliant idea flashed across minha mente that I should dig up all of the emails from my time there and reread them, picking out the most informative and didactic of the emails and sharing them here on my blog. Kidding, of course--I will only share the most hilarious ones, of which there are, in fact, many.

Also, I made real chicken breast from PUBLIX (more on that later) and combined with the couscous/broccoli/tomato salad leftovers from last night it was deeelishus.

No comments:

Post a Comment