Thursday, April 22, 2010

intervention. or, stepping in poop in my own house

Cats are awesome. Willowberry (or Wilbur, as I sometimes call her, because she is a piggy) is super awesome. She is cute and very photogenic, and someday I'm sure she'll be the star of Lolcats. I mean, just look at these pictures at the bottom of the page!

If you ever happen to meet WB, however, you may notice that the hair around her back legs and the base of her tail is strangely butchered. You will have noticed correctly. I have many times performed emergency haircuts on the little beast, for reasons which I will detail here.

WB sometimes has bowel issues. About once a month I'll hear strange noises and realize that WB is...er...stuck. She has extraordinarily soft, long hair, and this sometimes gets in the way when she's doing her bidness. No need to be too graphic, but sometimes those little logs get caught in the fur, and WB goes frantic trying to get if off....all. over. my. hardwood. floor. (Well, I guess carpet would be worse.)

Thankfully, this has happened when I've been at home to intervene except for one time...when I came home from the lib at midnight, exhausted, ready for bed, and found IT all over my floor.....but as I said, most of the time I am there to snatch the offending kitty up and throw her into the bathroom.

Let me tell you, trying to trim stuff out of the fur of a very angry 11-pound feline while you hold her down on your lap is dangerous stuff. For me because I risk getting IT all over me, and because she bites reeeeeeallly hard; and for her, because the more she struggles, the more likely it is that my scissors are gonna slip and snip something that shouldn't be snipped.

This morning we had an incident--ironically right before I went to get my hair cut. (By a professional, and not because there was anything stuck in it, fyi.)

I thought I cleaned it all up. I thought wrong. Because when I got home after a long day at school and traffic and spending money at Wally world, I got home and went into the bathroom...and squish. Apparently I missed something in my morning cleanup. 'Nuff said.

P.S. Lest you think my house is a den of germs and vileness, let me assure you that my floor is sparklingly disinfected and clean. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't scrub the floor on a regular basis if it weren't for WB...so I guess I should be thankful. Or not.


Watching Tv.

See that halo? It's not real.

Why are you reading this, mommy, and not paying attention to me?



One little spark....


The way she rides in da car


Before she got fat



2 comments:

  1. willowberry is so fat/gross. not that i have room to talk when it comes to animals haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be the furriest cat I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete