Monday, April 5, 2010

I finally have a blog.

Hey there.

I've tossed around the idea of a blog for a couple years now. Never really felt motivated to actually create one, but now that I'm a full-time grad student and have a bunch of responsibility on my plate I decided to go for it. what's one more thing to keep up with? Maybe I'll cut back on my Hulu hours and actually start writing again for non-academic purposes like I used to in undergrad.

Also, I felt super NOT a part of the grad student blog community, which is what all my buddies here at USC seem to talk about when we go out. Now I can join in the convo and not feel like an under-achieving, non-blogging loser.

So, a shout-out and thanks to Shannon Townes, at goodgirlgonegrad, and Lydia Robins, at My Post-Argentine life. Also Sarah Adams.

Now what am I going to write about? Good question. My life is pretty boring. It used to be more exciting, for example, when I lived in Rio de Janeiro. Obviously. I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot of posts about my super cat, Willowberry. Yeah, that's her name, and she is cool, and you can call her WB or Wilbur for short. Pictures to come.

Also, if you're not a family member and you're actually reading this, then OBRIGADA, many thanks, gracias, etc etc.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging. prepare to waste many hours of your life. :)

    also, please essplain what carioca means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting, heather! i'm looking forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete