Wednesday, July 14, 2010

being a rock star. well not really.

Already a week has passed by....I only have four weeks and 1 day left! SO sad. :)

Lots of stuff going on, lots of stuff coming up. Monday we had a little party at the school with a bunch of students, lots of food, lots of pictures, haha. If you have an Orkut account you can see the pics that one of the students took...he's studying photography and the pics are really good. That's the thing about coming here--I am a novelty and therefore I get to feel like a rock star for a few days, bahaha. I'm kidding, of course, but it is super fun hanging out with the students. They are CRAZY. They love to have parties. Any excuse for a party.



This week is the last week before a two-week winter vacation, so the students are taking tests and having parties, and lots of times they just don't even bother coming. Oh well. Yesterday after we got back from the school, I went to my friend Dani's house and ran on the treadmill in her gym, then ate pizza with her and her sister and basically did nothing all night except hang out.

And how is my Portuguese, you ask? It's excellent. Bahaha. But seriously, it's pretty good. I understand most of what anybody says, unless they speak especially fast or have a strange accent. I completely blend in here.


Right????
Today I was walking in the street with Virginia and someone muttered "Giselle Bundchen" at me as he passed. Score! I mean, with her big nose and dirty blonde hair, we are twins.
I wish!! Now if only I could get myself a Leonardo DiCaprio, my life would be complete.......

JUST KIDDING, mom and dad.

Anyways, tomorrow going to meet a friend for lunch, do some shopping, get a manicure, go to school, then hang out with friends later. Friday I'll go to Copacabana for a hair appointment, then do some more shopping, then go see my beautiful friend Virginia sing in Ipanema.

So yeah, I'm having fun....as long as I don't think about what awaits me in August, I am blissfully happy.....


No comments:

Post a Comment